Saturday, January 14, 2012

My iPhone pictures prove that I... eat a lot.

You might remember these guys from last week. Here they
are forming our table "centrepiece" with coffee fragranced tea-cup candle.

I made my own muesli today!


Ingredients: rolled oats, sesame seeds, wheatgerm, pepitas, sunflower seeds, coconut, dried apple, dried apricots, cinnamon, macadamia nuts, flaked almonds pinch of salt
Method: Lightly toast muesli in batches, lightly toast sesame seeds, flaked almonds and macadamias, lightly toast coconut - mix together and cool. Mix in remaining ingredients - quantities to your tastes. Store in air tight container for ages.



This is for you, mum (and let's face it, you're probably the only one reading this!)
At brunch today my eggs came out on these plates! Plates of my childhood, adolescence and general home-ness.


Version of moscow mules. Friday night drinks with some workmates - ice, vodka, mint, lime and ginger beer. Apart from cheese, what else would you ever need?




We were gifted a snapper. N made a feast for the Whanau and used it as the linchpin that held the rest together (boiled potatoes with BUTTER, salad with POMEGRANATES etc.)


Last week I spoke of making my own foccacia with rosemary and that blessed ingredient: salt. Above is proof. Not very appetisingly photographed, unfortunately - next to leftovers and no thought process in the presentation. Take my word for it, though: Yum.


My niece and I made this rocky road last Sunday (white, milk and dark chocolate involved)
Simple but impressive. How could you fail to be impressed with a combination of marshmellows, cut up raspberry licorice, flaked almonds and coconut encassed in, as I said, three types of chocolate?


No, I don't live in Scotland (I'm tempted to say "I wish" purely for the ease of access to the rest of Europe I'd subsequently have... but, I won't) this was taken on our walk last week - I'll make it my mission to find foreign looking plants and snap away with abandon to fool you all into thinking I'm in exotic locations (yes, like Scotland). Cacti - watch out, I'm coming to snap you.


Brunch in the sun today. Smoked salmon was involved.


When I walk to work (very rarely - it takes me about 1hr 15-30 depending on pace) this is the river I get to cross. Pretty, hey? Mystical looking. Cold and windy usually, too.


Favourite new Indian. As you can probably tell - best naan ever.


Finally - I moved to NZ to get away from bugs, etc. (I didn't actually - that would be totally drastic and over the top - even for me: QDQ - Queen Drama Queen). WHY THEN am I getting unsightly and downright ITCHY mozzie bites, here, when I never got them in Aus? WHY? :(
I hope your weekend is great, mozzie bite-free and the coming week is also more positive than tolerable.

No comments: